Many homeowners forget about their roof until it starts to leak. A comprehensive roof inspection will help you determine the extent of damage and decide the best course of action. The problem is when storm chasers rush to inspect your roof but fail to spot hidden damage that could threaten the integrity of your roof.
We at KCG Roofing understand the frustration caused by these unscrupulous roofers in South Florida. We have been providing quality roofing services to South Florida residents for over two generations. This award is a once-in-a-lifetime honor.
You can be sure that your roof will last for many years by identifying any problems and fixing them quickly. Proper maintenance can extend the life of your tile roof by up to two times.
Smart homeowners take a proactive approach to roof maintenance. Stress-free home maintenance will be possible by addressing minor issues and preventing them from becoming costly.
It’s a good idea to schedule an inspection once a year, and again after severe storms. You will save money on maintenance costs if you act quickly to fix the problem.
Unfortunately, roof problems don’t improve over time. Not having repairs done on time can lead to more serious structural issues. Proper roof inspections will uncover both common and unpredictable problems on your roof. To determine if repairs are necessary and prevent further damage, your tile roof will need special attention. The roof inspection will cover every inch of your roof from the attic to the top and around the property. Our roof inspection checklist following are the consequences.
Our roofers will inspect your home for signs of damage, sagging, or aging. We will inspect your gutters and roof for any accumulated leaves, moss, or algae. These areas can cause water damage, so it is important to take care of them quickly.
Only let a professional tile roofing contractor walk on your tile roof. This is to ensure safety and prevent tiles from bursting. Clay tile is extremely fragile and almost guarantees to fall if you step on it. To inspect your roof with the greatest care, our roofers have been specially trained.
These are some of the most common issues our roofers may find on your tile roof.
- Missing or Broken Tiles – Any missing or damaged tile could cause your roof’s waterproofing element (the underlayment) to erode from extreme weather conditions or insect infestations.
- Damaged or Missing Flashing – Tile roofs need special top flashing to protect vulnerable areas. Roofers who are not local tend to forget to install top flashing. This can increase the risk of your roof falling apart early.
- Organic Debris Between Tiles – Plant materials like mold and lichen can slowly eat away at your underlayment, which could lead to your roof’s warranty being voided. We will also inspect your roof for leaves, twigs, and any other debris.
- Water Damaged Fascia boards – The long, straight board at the lower edge tile roofs’ tiles may need to be replaced or repaired after a few years. They are susceptible to water damage and can become rotten.
- Sagging Roof – A sagging roof can indicate two things: excessive weight on the roof or a weaker roof structure.
We may work with a structural engineer depending on the results of our roof inspection. This will allow us to analyze and fix any structural problems with your roof.
The interior of your roof will be inspected by our roofers. We’ll also look for any leaks or drips in your attic. We will inspect walls and ceilings for discoloration, sagging, or wetness.
You can also identify other signs of roof damage from the interior of your home:
- Ceilings with dark spots
- Paint below the roof’s overhangs
- Damp spots around fireplaces
- Pipes that vent the furnace/water heater can get stained by water.
We may recommend a complete roof replacement if we find any worrying signs, particularly if the roof has been damaged by a storm or is very old. KCG Roofing’s roof inspectors are licensed and insured and have the expertise to inspect all types of roofs, including those with low or high slopes. We can also work with metal, clay, and concrete tiles, asphalt shingles, and other roofing materials.
KCG Roofing will conduct a thorough roof inspection to ensure that any problems are caught before they become major ones. Your tile roof’s life expectancy will be doubled with our scheduled maintenance and repairs. Call us today to learn more about roof inspections or to schedule an inspection.
This post was written by a roofing professional at KCG Roofing. KCG Roofing is a premier roofing contractor that does Brandon roofing! KCG Roofing has the experience and expertise to replace or repair your roof with quality materials and excellent craftsmanship. All our roofs are backed by a 15-year leak-free guarantee, the highest in the industry. We have been family-owned and operated for over 40 years.